Friday, April 24, 2009

hip-hop

The music I prefer to listen to is mainly hip-hop music. On my Ipod I have all kinds of music, from rock to oldies, but for the most part hip-hop is what I like to listen to. Hip-Hop has many artist and rappers that I enjoy to listen to. I like hip-hop because of its beat, its lyrics, and its overall experience.
One of the main things I like about hip-hop is its beat. The majority of hip-hop songs carry a strong bass beat that usually centers around the song. Another reason I like the beat of most hip-hop songs is because they can often be amplified in my cars stereo system making the song much more enjoyable to listen too. Songs that carry good beat that are enjoyable to listen what I like about songs, and hip-hop songs almost always have that.
Other than the beat, I also like the lyrics most hip-hop songs have. The lyrics are many times situations that I have gone through or have experienced. Or the majority hip-hop songs that I like have lyrics involving something I like or dream of doing. One example I can relate to is the song Good Life by Kanye West. The songs tell about how West is living the good life now. How he used to be poor but know has everything he could ever need and want. I can sometimes relate to this song because I am also in a way living the good life. Right now, there are a few things I could get but they are not things I need, and as of now I am doing pretty good in life. This is way the lyrics in many hip-hop songs are enjoyable to me and I like them a lot.
But the over all experience of hip-hop songs is what I like the best. I enjoy listening to the beat and listening to lyrics of the songs. It doesn’t matter if I am listening to the songs with friends or just in my room by myself the songs almost never get old and is something I can listen to. The feeling I get listening to the songs, several times I can just drift away and be in my own world and relax for the moments. I really like this about hip-hop songs and it is the main reason I listen to them the most.
The beat, the lyrics, and the experience is what make hip-hop songs so great to me. The beat the songs carries makes it amazing to listen to even if the song is long or short. The lyrics make an understanding with me and it is what I like a lot about the song. And the over all experience